Problem: When opening word 2003 (excel, pp etc) there is error message to reinstal office
Solutions found on the net do not work :resolution from microsoft.com to unistall and to edit Registry, to delete folder Office in Program files ( which makes windows unstable!! ), to edit permissions in registry, also editing security tab for C drive or Program files folder also do not help.
This web page solved the problem:
1) Create a Windows Account with full control admin rights, and thengo ahead and log into that new account.
2) When under the newly created account, open every Office product youhave, then close one at a time (Excel, Word, PP, etc...)
3) After opening every Office App, go into the registry editor (Start Run, then type in Regedit)
4) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Office, andhighlight Office
5) Then right click on Office, and go to Export, save the .reg file tosomewhere you will be able to find it (Root of C:\ for me)
6) Log off your temp Windows account, and log back in under yournormal Windows account that was giving you the error.
7) Open regedit again, and then go to File Import and pick the filethat was exported.
8) After it says that it was successfully imported, go ahead and trythe app that was giving you problems.
Now it should work, just like it did for me. Also, remember you delete the temp account that you created!!